For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
The Geoinformatics Center (GIC) of Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is seeking an IT professional with system administration skills. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the centers’ computer network, servers, websites etc. He/she will be providing technical support and guidance for all IT related implementations and procurements. He/she will perform other duties such as taking server backups, taking data backups, managing software licenses, writing project proposals, managing social media content, developing tools/applications, and other general administrative support as required. The incumbent needs to help implementing IT related activities of the projects carryout by the center, whenever needed. He/she also needs to manage an online journal.
An initial contract of one year starting 1 June 2017 will be given with a probation period of six months.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management or related fields and a Master’s degree will be an advantage.
- Sufficient work experience in the field of system administration.
- Sufficient experience in programming languages.
- Knowledge and experience in managing servers especially with RAID systems.
- Knowledge and experience in Content management Systems such as Joomla WordPress, Moodle etc.
- Knowledge and experience in managing RDBMSs such as MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
- Knowledge and experience on Web-GIS technologies
- Experience in effectively planning and organizing multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Working with Windows, Linux and Mac Operating Systems.
- ○Programming skill in Python, Java, PHP etc.
- ○Strong understanding of the intricacies of DNS , DHCP, Samba and E-mail
- Writing/maintaining documentation
- Good writing and communication skills in English.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently in a multi-cultural environment.
- Project management skills
- Thai preferable
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own user name and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume (max 4 pages) which shall include a cover letter highlighting relevant competencies, qualifications and experience. Phone/email contacts of two referees who can speak about the relevant experience/abilities. Save them all in one file and upload a single file.