For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 516 0110 29; (66-2) 516 0130 44
Fax no. (66-2)516 - 2126
Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is an autonomous, non-profit, international post-graduate institution primarily offering Master’s and Doctorate degrees in engineering, science, planning and management. Over 1,700 students in AIT come from several countries across Asia and beyond. Teaching faculty, researchers and students come from more than 47 countries and form a unique international community on the Institute’s 130 hectares beautifully landscaped campus situated 42 km north of Bangkok.
The School of Environment Resources and Development of AIT invites applications for a faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor in Water and Wastewater Engineering in the Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Change. We look for a young and dynamic colleague to join the Department and contribute to further development of this focal area. The candidate should have significant teaching, research and/or practical experiences. The successful candidate is expected to develop and teach postgraduate courses, supervise Master’s and Doctoral students, conduct independent research, and carry out outreach activities. The Environmental Engineering and Management Program started in 1964 currently offers Master’s and Doctoral degrees in two areas of specialization, (a) Environmental Technology and Management, and (b) Water and Wastewater Engineering. Besides teaching, the program also conducts research and outreach on environmental engineering topics (http://www.serd.ait.ac.th/). Over 200 masters and 150 PhDs have graduated during the past 15 years specializing in the water and wastewater engineering from AIT.
Education and experience
- The candidate should hold a PhD from reputed university with the research in environmental engineering, civil/chemical engineering, water and wastewater engineering, or a closely related field.
- At least 2-3 years of research/teaching experience in environmental engineering, water and wastewater engineering.
- Good track record of research as evidenced by publications in reputed international journals in the research area.
- The candidate should preferably have the expertise related to biological wastewater treatment, the water quality management; advanced processes for wastewater treatment, waste and climate change related issues.
- Potential or proven ability to develop an internationally recognized research program.
- Excellent communication skills with good command over English.
- Strong commitment to teaching at the post-graduate level.
- Interest in innovative teaching methods and curriculum development.
- Capable to secure external funding for sponsored research projects.
- Capable to undertake consulting assignments in the region.
- Work with donor agencies and industrial partners and generate collaborative research funding to lead a successful research program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Graduate level teaching in water and wastewater engineering such as “Water Quality Management”, Wastewater Treatment”, “Advanced Processes for Wastewater Treatment, Reuse and Recycle”, “Hazardous Waste Technology and Management”
- 3-4 courses every year
- Student research supervision at Master and PhD levels
- Carry out sponsored research projects and assignments
Preference will be given to candidates who will combine excellence in teaching with a demonstrated capacity to conduct novel, interdisciplinary research that will expand and complement the current departmental research strengths. The Department is multidisciplinary in nature, therefore, we seek for a candidate who can bring engineering and management perspectives together.
The suitable candidate will be appointed for a period of two years, with subsequent routine contract cycles (2 years for Assistant Professor and 4 years for Associate Professors) as per regular procedure of contract renewable assessment at the institute. Salary offered is regionally competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experiences. Additional benefits include provident fund, air travel for self and direct dependents, settlement grant, education subsidy for dependent children, and medical benefits according as provisioned in institute’s policy and procedure. It is also possible to earn an additional income by carrying out consulting services as provisioned in institute’s policy and procedure.
Letter of application, including a curriculum vitae, copies of selected publications, and the names, affiliation, e-mail and telephone numbers of three referees should be submitted to: The Dean, School of Environment Resources and Development, Asian Institute of Technology, P.O. Box 4, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand, Tel: (66-2) 516 0110 – 29 (66-2) 516 0130 – 44, Telex: 84276 AIT TH, Fax: (66-2) 516 2126, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is June 30, 2017. Review of applications will begin from this date and will continue until the position is filled. The selected candidate is expected to join the institute from January 2018.