For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
Duties and Responsibilities:
The director is responsible for managing the Language Center's services in line with approved targets and objectives of the Institute's vision and mission. The Director reports to the Vice President of Administration, collaborates with the deans of AIT schools, sets the Center's strategies and business plan, and supervises the work of LC teachers and clerical staff.
Keys areas for results:
- Student recruitment and provision of pre-degree intensive programs.
- Maintenance of Institute standards for academic and technical writing skills through admissions and placement testing, and editorial approval of components of research reports.
- Proactively seek out partnerships with external clients that will lead to LC revenue.
- Apply for external project funding that will benefit the LC financially or develop LC staff.
- Development of needs assessment and language curricula for undergraduate, postgraduate students and AIT staff.
- Oversee the provision of online, self-access and tutorial facilities.
- Partner with AIT schools as well as governmental and non-governmental partners of AIT in capacity building training programs.
- Manage the LC team through recruitment, hiring and evaluation of staff while furthering their professional development.
- Set and control the Language Center budget.
- Contribute to the Institute-wide initiatives, panels, committees and task forces as requested.
- Proficiency in English with expertise in academic and technical writing.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing a program of teaching at the university level and successfully leading a team of teachers.
- Ample experience writing academic research or project proposals.
- Experience designing curricula and programs for international university programs.
- Minimum of 5 years of university experience teaching English academic/technical writing and communication skills.
- A master's degree (doctorate preferred) in language teaching or linguistics.
- Experience building partnerships with educational institutes and governmental or non-governmental organizations.
To apply, please register online by creating your own user name and password and complete the registration form. Once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload letter of application including your comprehensive curriculum vitae, recent photograph; name and adresses of three referees including e-mail adress and telephone numbers. Save them all in one file and upload a single file.