For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
|Position Title:||Action Research Coordinator|
|Number of Position:||1 (one)|
|Duty Station||Asian Institute of Technology|
|Duration:||Two years fixed term contract, renewable upon satisfactory job performance|
|Starting date:||as soon as possible|
The Asian Institute of Technology (www.ait.asia), an international institute, promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region through higher education, research and outreach. Established in Bangkok in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some of the top universities in the world.
The AIT is implementing an EU-financed project entitled: “Sustaining and Enhancing the Momentum for Innovation and Learning around the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in the Lower Mekong River Basin”. The main objective of the project is to contribute to enhance resilience of rainfed small-scale farmers of Lower Mekong region confronting climate change. The project is being implemented in Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Working closely with Team Leader, and other regional and national project partners and staffs, the Action Research Coordinator will:
- Maintain communication and regular liaising with regional project partners, national counterparts, NGOs and GOs and ensure their participation and deliverables as per project log frame;
- Extend assistance and support to the country project management unit (PMU) and PMU coordinators at national level in all four project countries (Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos) on the formulation, appraisal and implementation of projects in general and action research in particular with the aim of enhancing capacity and improving delivery of results;
- Responsible for developing training materials/curricula, if need be, by maintaining close linkages with national training expert and local management unit (LMU) coordinators;
- Lead in training/action research designing and support documentation related to action research/FFS processes across the project countries in LMB region;
- Support Thai PMU on as and when need basis.
- Supervise and oversee the work of the different operational units functioning at local, national and regional levels; and
- Undertake any duties as requested by Team Leader
This position reports to the Team Leader. Normally receives minimal instructions on routine work, general instructions on new assignments. Sharing of knowledge with others and team participation is highly expected in the role. Lead responsibilities may be assigned in this position.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Maintains skills in, or knowledge of action research with FFS methodology
- Knowledge of farmer’s participatory action research (FPAR) management principles, practices, techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of research or evaluation methodology in FPAR
- Excellent English language oral and written skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret FPAR-related documents, and offer recommendations based on findings.
- Demonstrated ability to present information and respond to questions from groups or individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to create and produce clear, concise FPAR electronic documents.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in using the Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated to work effectively with diverse levels of individuals, such as administration, faculty, staff, office personnel, community leaders and partners.
- Group facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Post Graduate Degree in Social Sciences / Social Work or other relevant degree in an appropriate area of specialization with at least 5-6 years of experience
- Working experience in Southeast Asian region is desirable, but not mandatory
Salaries of AIT are competitive compared to other regional organizations.
GENDER AND EQUITY POLICY
Qualified and eligible women candidates and those from disadvantaged backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. AIT implements a gender fair policy and is supportive of working women.
To apply, please register online by creating your own user name and password and complete the registration form. Once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive Curriculum Vitae which shall include your application letter; name and adresses of three referees including e-mail adress and telephone numbers. Save them all in one file and upload a single file.
Also send a copy of your application by email to (email@example.com)