For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
|Faculty Position in|
|Regional and Rural Development Planning|
|School of Environment, Resources and Development|
|Asian Institute of Technology|
RRDP is an academic program run by School of Environment, Resources and Development (SERD). RRDP program seeks to develop professionals for contributing in the area of rural and regional development, managing development projects and policies for the poor and the disadvantaged.Applications are invited for the position of Assistant / Associate Professor in Regional and Rural Development Planning (RRDP) Program at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Pathumthani, Thailand. AIT is an international, non-profit post-graduate institution, promoting technological change and sustainable development in the Asia-Pacific region through higher learning focusing on critical global issues through research, outreach, and capacity development. Established in 1959, AIT became a leading regional institution actively working with public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some of the top universities in the world. The institute offers Masters and Doctoral degrees, diploma and certificate programs in engineering, science, planning and management, and serves over 2,300 students from Asia and beyond. Its teaching faculty, researchers and students composed of more than 40 different nationalities and ethnic backgrounds forms a unique international community in the institute’s residential campus situated 42 kilometers north of Bangkok.
The successful candidate is expected to
- Teach at graduate level classes (Master and Doctoral)
- Engage in thesis research supervision of Masters and Doctoral students
- Develop research papers leading to publications in professional journals
- Take initiatives in bringing sponsored research projects
- Develop and conduct RRDP related short courses, workshops and customized training programs
- Develop cooperative links with other study areas for maintaining the competitive edge of RRDP in the region
- Carry out consultancy and outreach activities
- Assist in conducting of training / workshop and other human resource development activities supported by AIT or international / national agencies, and
- Perform academic duties assigned by the School / Institute.
- The applicant should have Master education in Social Sciences (Sociology, Economics, Geography, etc.) and Rural Regional Development Planning or related fields and PhD from reputed universities.
- Should have knowledge of statistics and its applications, qualitative analytical techniques.
- Should have very good publication record in international referred journals.
- S/he should be able to teach three to four courses such as Social Research Methods, Rural-regional Planning Workshop, Qualitative Analysis, Decentralized Planning and Governance, Applied Statistics, Public policy and may be any other course related to his / her specialization in line with RRDP requirements.
- Should possess relevant experience and competence in teaching and student supervision at graduate level with excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience in obtaining research grants is highly desirable.
- Previous exposure to the problems and prospects in the Asian Region in addition to well-established links with donors and research partners will be an added advantage.
The appointment will be at the rank of an Assistant / Associate Professor depending on the qualifications. The initial appointment is normally for two years and is renewable based on performance. The salary offered to the successful candidate is regionally competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Additional benefits include provident fund, air travel for self and direct dependents, and grant for settlement, education subsidy for dependent children, and medical benefit as per Institute’s policy and procedure. It is also possible to earn an additional income by carrying out sponsored research projects and consulting services.
The application deadline is 30th September, 2016. Review of applications will begin immediately after the deadline and will continue until the position is filled. AIT gives very high priority to diversity in recruiting faculty members and students. So, applicants from diverse backgrounds and geographical regions are most welcome. Please send in a (1) letter of application, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) copies of five recent publications relevant to the position, (4) one-page professional statement describing your goals and aspirations, and (5) names and addresses of three referees to the following address:
School of Environment, Resources and Development
Asian Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 4, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
Copy to: email@example.com