For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
|Position Title:||Research Associate (Food Waste Study and Campaign)|
|Job Category:||Research, Data Analysis, Writing and campaign|
|Number of Position:||1 (one)|
|Duty Station:||ACISAI, Asian Institue of Technology, Pathumthani, Thailand|
|Duration:||One year Fixed term contract|
The Asian Institue of Technology (www.ait.asia), an intergovernmental and international institute, promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region through higher education, research and outreach. Established in Bangkok in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some of the top universities in the world.
The Asian Center of Innovation for Sustainable Agriculture Intensification (ASICAI Center), AIT in collaboration with SERD, AIT has begun a FAO-financed project entitled: 'Estimation of Food Loss and Waste and awareness raising'. The main objective of the project is implementing of an awareness raising Campaign on food waste reduction on the campus of the AIT and monitoring the impacts of the Campaign on food waste.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working closely with Project Lead, the Research Associate, will undertake following duties:
- Assist to implement day-day project activities;
- liaise with various stakeholders inside AIT and organize food waste campaign.
- Take lead in conducting survey (per-ante and post-ant), data entry and analysis to learn the impacts of campaign.
- Develop campaign material and organize activities to create awareness on food waste and loss.
- Undertake any additional related duties as requested by Project Lead.
- Post Graduate Degree in social science or other relevant degree, with at least 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated solid analytical and research skills, in both qualitative and quantitative approaches, with good writing skills, including for research and publication in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Good IT skills including MS office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access) and ideally a versatile statistical package like SPSS.
- Solid demonstrated English language skill
- Prior experience of working on an similar topic would be plus.
- Experience in participating in multidisciplinary working term and working experience in multicultural environments
Salaries of AIT are competitive compared to other regional organizations.
GENDER AND EQUITY POLICY
Qualified and eligible women candidates and those from disadvantages backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. AIT implements a gender fair policy and is supportive of working women.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You may be required to create your own user name and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to download your comprehensive resume with complete names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of at least two referees, including a short cover letter which explains your suitability for this position. (save them all in one file name and download a single file). (firstname.lastname@example.org).