For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
Duties and Responsibilities:
The director is responsible for directing the Center's services in line with approved targets and objectives of the Institute's vision and mission. The Director reports to the Head of Research and Educational Support, collaborates with the Vice President for Academic Affairs and deans of AIT schools, sets the Center's strategies and business plan, and supervises the work of LC teachers and clerical staff.
Keys areas for results:
- Student recruitment and provision of pre-degree intensive programs
- Maintenance of Institute standards for academic and technical writing skills through admissions and placement testing, and editorial approval of components of research reports
- Development of needs assessment and language curricula for under-and postgraduate students and AIT staff.
- Oversee the provision of on-line, self-access and tutorial facilities.
- Partner with AIT schools as well as governmental and non-governmental partners of AIT in capacity building training programs.
- Manage the LC team through recruitment, hiring and evaluation of staff while furthering their professional development.
- Set and control the Language Center budget
- Contribute to the Institute-wide initiatives, panels, committees and task forces as requested.
- Proficiency in English with expertise in academic and technical writing
- Minimum of 2 years experience coordinating a program of teaching at the university level.
- Minimum of 5 years of university experience teaching English academic/technical writing and communication skills.
- A master's degree (doctorate preferred) in language teaching or linguistics
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You may be required to create your own user name and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to download your comprehensive resume with complete names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of at least three referees who can speak about relevant experience/abilities, including a short cover letter which explains your suitability for this position (save them all in one file name and download a single file).