For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is seeking a Remote Sensing and GIS professional with good programming skills. The incumbent will be responsible for managing projects and conducting training. He/she will be providing technical support and backstopping to the implementation of the projects on applications of geospatial data. He/she will perform other duties as required, such as writing project proposals, conducting fieldwork, managing social media and website content, and other general administrative support as required.
An initial contract of one year starting 1 March 2015 will be given with a probation period of three months.
Position: Research Associate/Senior Research Associate (Remote Sensing/GIS)
Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Remote Sensing/GIS, Science, Engineering or related fields and a Master’s degree will be an advantage.
- Sufficient work experience in Remote Sensing/GIS applications.
- Sufficient experience in programming languages.
- Extensive knowledge and competency in statistical analysis geo-processing methods and tools, and cartography.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills in English.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience effectively planning and organizing multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- Experience in Urban planning, Disaster Management, Agriculture or Forestry will be an advantage.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Software handling such as ARC/INFO, ENVI, GRASS, QGIS etc.
- Programming skill in Python, Java, of C/C++, PHP, R etc.
- Writing/maintaining documentation
- Project management skills
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You may be required to create your own user name and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click "Apply Now" button. Use MOZILLA FIREFOX for a full functionality of the system.
Please do not forget to download your comprehensive resume (four pages maximum) with complete names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of at least two referees who can speak about relevant experience/abilities, including a short cover letter which explains your suitability for this position.