For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
|Position Title:||Program Officer|
|Number of Position:||1 (one)|
|Duty Station:||ACISAI Center, Asian Institute of Technology, Pathumthani, Thailand with regular visit to the Uttradit and Surin Province|
|Duration:||Fixed term annual contract with a possibility of renewal upon satisfactory job performance|
The Asian Institute of Technology (www.ait.asia), an international institute that promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region through higher education, research and outreach. Established in Bangkok in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some of the top universities in the world.
The AIT has begun an EU-financed project entitled: ‘Sustaining and Enhancing the Momentum for Innovation and Learning around the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in the Lower Mekong River Basin’. The main objective of the project is to contribute to enhance resilience of rained small-scale farmers of Lower Mekong region confronting climate change. The project will be implemented in Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working closely with Team Leader, Regional Coordinator, Country Coordinator the Program Officer will:
- Liaise with local ministries and ensure timely implementation of project work in Thailand;
- Ensure data collection from field experimentation and its entry into the project data-base both off-line and online;
- Ensure project’s visibility in Thailand through assisting in development of appropriate media content for print and electronic media;
- Liaise with national institutes/universities, NGOs, CBOs, private companies and ensure their participation;
- Provide need-based translation support from Thai-English or English-Thai language;
- Assist Country Coordinator in convening annual workshops, steering committee meeting, prepare minutes, and submit it along with annual progress report to PCU; and
- Undertake any additional related duties as requested by Country Coordinator.
- Post Graduate degree in agriculture, extension, development studies or a similar subject, with at least 2-3 years of relevant experiences
- Good understanding of cropping systems and socio-economic condition of North and Northeast Thailand
- Demonstrated solid speaking and writing skills in English and Thai language, including for report, publication and media
- Should be a versatile user of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access), knowledge of a statistical package is a plus
- Experience in building partnerships for learning and knowledge sharing
- Experience and ability in collaborating and establishing productive and professional relationships among peers and staffs
- Experience in participating in multidisciplinary working team and working experience in multicultural environments
- Proven ability to take new initiatives
Salaries and benefits of AIT are competitive compared to other regional organizations.
GENDER AND EQUITY POLICY
Qualified and eligible women candidates and those from disadvantaged backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. AIT implements a gender fair policy and is supportive of working women.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You may be required to create your own user name and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click "Apply Now" button. Use MOZILLA FIREFOX for a full functionality of the system.
Please do not forget to download your comprehensive resume with complete names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses, and fax number of at least two referees, including a short cover letter which explains your suitability for this position. Please send a copy of your application as well to Dr. Abha Mishra (firstname.lastname@example.org).