For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
Scope: To manage the laboratory, greenhouse, and field under the ASE Academic Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing ASE laboratory, greenhouse, and field experimental research facilities in coordination with the faculty members
- Procure necessary materials, equipment, and instruments for teaching and research
- Upkeep and maintenance of various equipment and facilities at the ASE laboratory, greenhouse, and field settings
- Render plant, soil, and water sample analyses and testing services to support all research and on- and off-campus request for laboratory services
- Supervise, monitor, assist, and assure data quality of ASE students and staff in their laboratory/greenhouse/field research work
- Maintain cleanliness, orderliness, and safety of ASE research facilities
- Maintain and monitor financial information of ASE research facilities
- Assist in organizing and conducting training courses, study tours, and sponsored research projects for the ASE Academic Program and the Department of Food, Agriculture and Bioresources at large
- Promptly document and report any incident or other matter that requires urgent attention related to the maintenance of ASE research facilities to the ASE faculty members and the Head, DFAB with a recommendation of action
- Perform related task as assigned by the Head, DFAB and course instructors
- Submit a quarterly report of work accomplishment to the Head, DFAB
- A Master or PhD degree in the field of Agricultural Systems, Agronomy, Crop Science, Soil Science or related discipline
- At least 2-year experience in the relevant field is desirable
- Experience in agricultural field experiment and agricultural management
- Good knowledge and skills in both laboratory and field work, and laboratory equipment usage
- Ability and good attitude in working with others and in teams
- Creative, service- and problem-solving minded
- Good communication skills in English with a background in Thai
- Good knowledge and skills in computer including Microsoft Office basic statistical tools
- Ability to work under time pressure and in international multi-cultural environment
- Experience in organizing workshops and training courses is added advantage
Salary and benefits of AIT are competitive compared with other regional organizations
Gender and Equality Policy:
Qualified and eligible women candidates and those from disadvantaged backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. AIT implements a gender-fair policy and is supportive of working women.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own username and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click the "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive resume which shall include your letter of application, a recent photograph, and the names, affiliations, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees who are familiar with candidates' competencies.
Save all your documents in one file and upload a single file.