For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
Duration: Fixed term: Fixed Term 1-year contract (Likely starting date: as soon as possible)
The Asian Center for Innovation for Sustainable Agriculture Intensification (ACISAI), AIT has been implementing an EU-financed project entitled: “Sustaining and Enhancing the Momentum for Innovation and Learning around the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in the Lower Mekong River Basin”. The main objective of the project is to contribute to enhancing resilience of rainfed small-scale farmers of Lower Mekong region confronting climate change. The project is being implemented in Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall guidance of the project Team Leader, the Programme Management Officer will undertake following duties:
- Assume day-to-day responsibility for the management and functioning of the ACISAI office;
- Take day-to-day responsibility for the follow up with the SRI-LMB counterpart team working in Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos;
- Take responsibility for guiding the development of periodic work plans, including seasonal work plans and budgets, for activities of the SRI-LMB project;
- Liaise with country offices and other organizations involved in the implementation of SRI-LMB at national level and with the provinces to exchange ideas and provide overall advisory support to programme implementation;
- Assist in producing various activity concept notes, progress reports, strategy papers, and other documentation for the SRI-LMB project as and when required;
- On occasions, undertake domestic and international duty travel to participate in field activities as well as meetings, seminars, workshops and other relevant events that are important for support and further development of the SRI-LMB project;
- Maintain regular email communication regarding the above duties and project activities;
- Update and maintain project website;
- Develop content and media editing and updates for web page and publishing e-newsletter, assisting with design and graphic needs of the project and public relations;
- Assists the national focal points of the project in Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand in data entry in SRI-LMB data-base, and ensure data-entry and retrieval systems as per need of the Team Leader;
- Support the implementation and visibility action, liasioning and communicating with national and regional media;
- Conduct other duties or tasks as agreed with and required by the Team Leader.
- Post Graduate Degree in Agriculture Sciences / Crop Science or other relevant degree, with at least 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated solid analytical and research skills, in both qualitative and quantitative approaches, with good writing skills, including for research and publication in international peer-reviewed journals
- Strong IT skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access) and ideally a versatile statistical package like SPSS, SAS and Sigma Plot.
- Solid demonstrated English language skill
- Prior experiences of working with rice crop would be a plus
- Experience in participating in multidisciplinary working team and multicultural environments
Salaries of AIT are competitive compared to other regional organizations.
GENDER AND EQUITY POLICY
Qualified and eligible women candidates and those from disadvantaged backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. AIT implements a gender fair policy and is supportive of working women.
Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Please send an application with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and addresses of three referees including e-mail address, fax numbers to:
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You must create your own user name and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click "Apply Now" button.
Please do not forget to upload your comprehensive curriculum vitae which shall include a cover letter highlighting relevant competencies, qualifications, and experience. Include as well the phone/email contacts of two referees who are familiar with candidate’s competencies.
Save them all in one file and upload a single file.
Also, send a copy of your application to Dr. Abha Mishra (firstname.lastname@example.org)