For more information, feel free to contact us.
Tel no. (66-2) 524-5019
Fax no. (66-2) 524-5056
|Position Title:||Administrative Staff (Executive Administrative Secretary)|
|Unit:||Regional Resource Centre for Asia and the Pacific|
|Location:||Asian Institute of Technology|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Contract Duration:||Two-year contract, with possibility of extension|
The Regional Resource Centre for Asia and the Pacific (RRC.AP) is an institute-wide, multi-disciplinary Centre of the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) with a goal to provide resources for policy setting towards sustainable development, acting as a science-policy interface by regional networking, processing and assessing information and knowledge for governments, local communities and other stakeholders in the Asia-Pacific region.
RRC.AP has more than 25 years of experience working with various bilateral and multilateral aid agencies in dealing with regional environmental issues, and is also serving as secretariat for a number of intergovernmental networks/initiatives in the region, supporting policy and strategy development as well as facilitating international and intergovernmental symposiums and workshops. RRC.AP now has a wide spectrum of projects on scientific assessments, policy studies, pilot demonstrations, knowledge management, and various capacity building (training, education, and networking) activities and implementing these projects through 3 thematic clusters on Air, Waste, and Climate Change. The AIT campus is located in Pathumthani province, 42 km north of central Bangkok.
An Executive Administrative Assistant reports to the Director of the Centre and is responsible for carrying out various secretariat and administrative support to management and team. The Executive Administrative Assistant is expected to work with or without supervision of the executive management, as per the demands of the work. He or she may be required to work within time constraints and should have strong scheduling and calendar prioritization skills.
The Executive Administrative Assistant must be a disciplined person with flexible approach towards the assigned work. The person should have multitasking abilities and equipped with the basic management skills. The ideal candidate must be a team player who is able to interact with staff at all levels of the work and must have a proactive approach to the work, with professionalism and honesty. He or she must maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Secretariat and Administrative support (60%)
- Meet all deadlines as indicated by the Director and management team;
- Provide full spectrum of secretarial and administrative support in a highly professional manner;
- Handle assignments and correspondence independently and professionally;
- Organize both internal and external meetings and schedule meetings, document meeting minutes and action items, including follow-up;
- Manage, monitor a variety of information impacting the organization and the Director’s responsibility and recommends a range of solutions;
- Assist in the preparation and amendment of officer regulations, guidelines and benefits in consultation with the management and to implement these resolutions accordingly;
- Assist the management to develop and implement systems to improve operation efficiency & productivity within the organization;
- Assist the Director on human resources management, employees leave calendar, and documentations;
- Assist the Director and management team on the budget preparation, expenditure administration; Manage and reconcile expense reports, purchase requisitions and filing management; and
- Communicate closely with all level of staff in daily operations, and coordinate with various AIT departments and external partners.
2. Programme support (20%)
Assist the management team and staff on project coordination & implementation, legal document & contract administration, meeting/ workshop organization, travel arrangement, and other logistical support, which will involve communication with internal and external partners.
3. Office Management (20%)
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the management and team;
- Advise staff members on the Centre’s policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and laws affecting the organization and provide support to staff requests;
- General maintenance of office premise, such as office supplies and refreshments, and liaise with external facilities suppliers;
- Oversee the operation of the reception desk including meet and greet visitors, conference room management e.g. conference room reservation, equipment and cleanliness etc.;
- Implements, monitors the procurement of supplies and services, transportation, communication, technology support, and provision of service requirements;
- Deal with daily incoming/outgoing correspondence (mail, e-mail, fax. or phone calls); Manage telephone records and ensure its timely payment;
- Ensure that the information in the database is accurate and up-to-date;
- Exercise absolute discretion at all times; and
- Perform ad hoc duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experiences in secretary and administrative fields;
- Bachelor's degree or higher from Business Administration, Arts, English, Secretarial or related fields
- Self-initiative and detail-minded with good analytical skill; Able to work under pressure; Good in problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent commands of both written and verbal communication in English;
- Excellent in computer skills, including Microsoft Office (especially Outlook)
- Ability to make presentations in PowerPoint and compile clear and concise briefing materials;
- Immediate availability is highly preferred.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You may be required to create your own user name and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click "Apply Now" button.
Applications should include 1) a cover letter highlighting relevant competencies, qualifications and experience and 2) a curriculum vitae (a maximum of six pages, please). Save them all as a single file and upload to the system.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews.